2022 Annual Report
The New Yorkers for Better Libraries PAC mission is to assist in the legislative advocacy process by supporting legislators who are committed to helping libraries, and to make sure that our spokespeople are heard in all the varying venues that Albany offers.
The importance of library advocates being seen and heard has never been so evident. Because of library advocates’ voices being heard, the following was accomplished:
The final budget passed the Legislature over 7 days late on Saturday, April 9, 2022. It included:
- Library Aid $99.6M
- Library Construction $34M
- Digital Inclusion $10M
- Release of $150K Love Your Library Fund
- Schomburg Research Center $375K
- Langston Hughes Community Library $112K
- Establishment of the Working to Implement Reliable and Equitable Deployment of Broadband Act (WIRED)
NY4BL will always need your continued support because the fight for libraries never ends. Please make a donation today so we can sustain our mission of helping libraries be heard in Albany.
Steve Bolton Tim Burke Matt Corey
John Hammond Erika Jenns James Olney Nicole Scherer